L. v.d. Wal en Zn BV has since the foundation on 29 May 1959 developed into a leading company that carries out new development and renovation projects throughout the entire region. Throughout the years the company has built numerous offices, workshops and storage facilities for businesses operating in the shipping and offshore industry. A well-known building is the ”Blauwe Paleis” on the Paleiskade, the heart of the Offshore Service & Logistics Centre in Den Helder. The harbour collection installation on the Nieuwe Werk quay was also built by the company. L. v.d. Wal en Zn forms part of the Van der Wal Groep, which also consists of Van der Wal Beheer, Van der Wal Projectontwikkeling and the Helderse Betonmortel Centrale.